Novaks High-Velociti Motors
Novaks Velociti Racing-Series Brushless Motors is a culmination of several years experience developing sensored brushless motors. Specifically designed for R/C vehicles, each Velociti brushless motor is designed for racing, and is capable of reaching speeds fast enough to satisfy the needs of serious racers, as well as those who just want to go fast. There are five motors in the Velociti series: 3.5-turns (#3403), 4.5-turns (#3404), 5.5-turns (#3405), 6.5-turns (#3406), and 7.5-turns (#3407). All Velociti motors are compatible with the Novak to which the Velociti motor comes factory-wired when purchased as a system. The GTB/Velociti brushless systems include all of the extra performance-enhancing components required for world-class racing, making them ready-to-race straight out of the box (nothing extra to buy or install). Because the Velociti motor was specifically developed for the GTB, and the entire system is factory-tested, racers can be assured that the GTB/Velociti system will provide optimum performance.
Each Velociti brushless motor and GTB/Velociti brushless system has been equipped with Novaks ROAR-approved Nickel-plated Sintered Neodymium rotor1. The high-performance rotor is ideal for use with any and all applications. Benefits include:
- Significantly increased magnetic strength for improved throttle feel
- Improved, stronger motor braking power
- Improved performance in higher temperature conditions
- Improved motor acceleration and power
- Higher efficiency
- Lower current draw
- Nickel-plated rotor for a long lasting, smooth, clean finish
- ROAR approved
In addition, all Velociti brushless motors now feature a set of ribbed aluminum end bells2. The lightweight aluminum end bells not only reduce the overall weight of the motor, but the ribbed design also acts as a heat sink by efficiently removing excessive heat from the motor.
Other great features found in the Velociti motors include sensor-based technology for excellent starting torque and low-speed driveability an oversized front bearing for increased load handling and longer bearing life longer run-times than brushed motors, and ROAR-approved specifications. Additional features include solder tabs, thermal overload protection, , and a virtually maintenance-free design.
Of its many features, its sensor-based design allows for most of the Velocitis important benefits, including the following:
- No Cogging-Thanks to constantly knowing the rotor position, the motor provides instantaneous throttle response & smooth transitions from neutral to drive. The rotor position knowledge is attained due to the ESC & motor being continuously synchronized via the motor harness.
- Smooth & Controlled Low Speed Driveability-Always knowing the rotor angle is key to smooth acceleration without delivering abrupt and uncontrolled bursts of power.
- Strong/Consistent Brakes & Starting Torque-Rotor position knowledge results in consistent starts & stops, without hesitation or inconsistent lag times before acceleration or braking-this translates to consistant lap times.
- Thermal Protection-Position & temperature sensors inside motor provide unparalleled thermal protection, letting you to run pack after pack without worrying about overheating the motor, ESC, or magnets.
Each motor is factory hand-wound and is put through rigorous testing, including a final dyno test to ensure that each Velociti motor meets Novak’s rigid specifications.
The Velociti motors are available for individual purchase (#3403, #3404, #3405, #3406, and #3407), or sold as a system (#3000, #3001, #3002, #3003, & #3007) with the GTB ESC. When purchased as a system, it includes the , and a Velociti Racing Brushless Motor. A GTB System provides a great value to the customer as everything is installed and ready-to-go, with the bonus of additional savings over purchasing the motor and speed control individually.
To find out which motor or motor system is best suited for you, see below:
- Velociti 3.5R This is ideal for customers wanting Novaks fastest brushless motor and for top-level competition touring car applications (#3403/#3000)
- Velociti 4.5R Ideal for competition touring cars (#3404/#3001)
- Velociti 5.5R Ideal for competition touring cars and high-traction off-road applications
- Velociti 6.5R Ideal for Off-Road and low-traction applications and faster than the Velociti 7.5
- Velociti 7.5R Ideal for Off-Road and low-traction applications
All Velociti motors are compatible with all Novak brushless ESCs, including:
[Please note, the Velociti-series brushless motors are not for use with Novak’s Super Sport ESC. The Super Sport and Super Sport Plus ESCs are rated for use down to 8.5 turns brushless.]
|VELOCITI BRUSHLESS MOTOR FEATURES |
|Sensor-based for excellent braking and low-speed driveability|
|High-performance Nickel-plated Sintered Neodymium rotor1 (ROAR-Approved!) for maximum motor acceleration, braking power, and performance in high-temperature conditions|
|Oversized front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life|
Lightweight ribbed aluminum end bells2
Provides approximately 20% longer run-times compared to brushed motors
Specifically designed for R/C vehicles
Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options
Thermal Overload Protection (when used with a Novak brushless ESC)
Factory hand-wound and race-tuned
|Meets all ROAR specifications|
|Turns: 3.5 (#3403) 4.5 (#3404) 5.5 (#3405) 6.5 (#3406) 7.5 (#3407 System)|
|Motor Size: 2.08” L X 1.41” D (52.8 x 35.8 mm)|
|Input Voltage: 4-6 cells (1.2 V/cell or 4.8 – 7.2 total volts)|
|Magnet: Nickel-plated, Sintered, high-strength Neodymium1|
|Watts: 620 (#3403), 530 (#3404), 420 (#3405), 390 (#3406), 340 (#3407)|
|KV (unloaded): 10,500 (#3403) 9,000 (#3404) 7,400 (#3405) 6,400 (#3406) 5,800 (#3407) RPM/Volt|
|Motor Size: 540 Size: 2.08” L X 1.41” D (52.8 x 35.8 mm)|
|Motor Weight: 6.61 oz. (187 grams)|
|Shaft Diameter: 0.125” (3.2 mm) [accepts all existing pinion gears]|
|Bearing Size: 1/2” x 3/16” (12.7x4.8mm)|
|Timing Ring: Black|
|1||Effective February 2007, the Velociti 4.5R, Velociti 5.5R, Velociti 6.5R, and Velociti 7.5R motors have been upgraded with a Sintered rotor.|
|2||Effective February 2007, the Velociti 5.5R, 6.5R, and 7.5R have been upgraded with ribbed end bells.|
For information about Novaks brushless motors click on the following links: